A series of spooky animal captures entitled 'Trophies' by American photographer C. Owen Lavoie capture animals illuminated by a sliver of light. The monochromatic photos feature stoic animals shrouded in darkness. Each capture reveals a portion of an animal with the rest hidden away in the dark. As a result, the viewer is forced to focus on each animal's grim expression.
Though Lavoie managed to capture strong emotions in each portrait, the subjects were not alive. The photographer used taxidermied beasts in order to take the stunning shots. According to the artist, Trophies "captures their tragic story of innocence, anger, and fear through the expressions forced upon them by taxidermists and then modified by the lens."
The 'Trophies' Series Features Eerie Monochromatic Animal Captures
1. Monochromatic Animal Captures - Opportunity for photographers to explore the eerie and emotional impact of monochromatic animal portraits.
2. Darkness and Illumination - Potential for artists to experiment with the interplay of light and darkness to create haunting and mysterious compositions.
3. Emotive Taxidermy Art - Emerging trend in using taxidermied animals as subjects to evoke powerful emotions and tell unique visual stories.
1. Photography - Photographers can leverage monochromatic captures and unique lighting techniques to create visually stunning and emotionally engaging animal portraits.
2. Art - Artists can explore the use of darkness and illumination in their work to evoke a sense of mystery and provoke deep emotional responses from viewers.
3. Taxidermy - Opportunity for taxidermists to collaborate with artists and photographers to create thought-provoking artworks that challenge traditional perceptions of taxidermy.