It can be difficult for a child with autism to convey how they are feeling to their parents, so the conceptual 'AMICA' smart toy is positioned as an intuitive piece of equipment to help with the process.
The toy works by integrating a digital display that will show the child different facial expressions that are linked with a game to help them learn about feelings. The various emotions are centered on a story to help users learn more wholly about the feeling to ensure that they garner a better understanding and learn on their own terms.
The 'AMICA' smart toy is the design work of product design student Jugjeevan Brar and acknowledges the need for more health-focused solutions that are designed with younger users in mind.
The 'AMICA' Smart Toy Helps Children with Autism Learn About Feelings
1. Emotional Education Toys - Educational toys that help children learn about emotions to improve their emotional intelligence.
2. Smart Toys for Special Needs Children - Toys that integrate technology to help children with disabilities, such as autism, communicate and learn important skills.
3. Personalized Learning Games - Games that use a personalized approach to teach children about emotions and other important life skills, such as problem-solving or creativity.
1. Education Industry - Developing emotional learning toys for schools, daycares and learning centers to improve children's emotional and social skills.
2. Toy Industry - Creating smart toys that can help children with special needs, such as autism, communicate and learn important emotional and social skills.
3. Healthcare Industry - Partnering with toy companies to develop therapeutic smart toys to help children with disabilities, such as autism, improve their emotional and social well-being.