This small space was once an ambulance station and has since been converted into a small, open-plan home.
Designed by 'Marta Nowicka & Co,' the structure of the ambulance station was kept in place in order to keep the historical significance and architecture alive. The interior was turned into something that can only be described as having a modern but rustic aesthetic -- one that features wooden floors, walls and decor that has been shaped in a sophisticated way. Exposed brick and minimalist decor add to the home's elegant yet rustic look, making the space resemble a contemporary cabin.
This converted ambulance station shows that designs both old and new can be incorporated into the same space in a way that is both beautiful and functional.
This Old Station Was Turned into a Rustic but Modern Living Space
1. Converted Ambulance Stations - Repurposing old ambulance stations into unique living spaces presents an opportunity for architects and interior designers to create modern yet rustic homes.
2. Modern Rustic Aesthetic - The combination of modern and rustic design elements in converted spaces like this ambulance station offers opportunities for furniture and home decor industries to create products that cater to this unique aesthetic.
3. Preservation of Historical Significance - Preserving the historical significance and architecture of old structures through innovative conversions like this ambulance station opens up opportunities for heritage preservation organizations to collaborate with architects and renovators.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry can explore how to preserve the original structure of old buildings while incorporating modern elements in conversions like this ambulance station.
2. Interior Design - The interior design industry can capitalize on the trend of modern rustic aesthetics by creating furniture and decor pieces that complement the style of converted spaces like this ambulance station.
3. Heritage Preservation - Heritage preservation organizations can collaborate with architects and renovators to convert historical structures like old ambulance stations while maintaining their historical significance and architectural integrity.