The AlterEgo Chair might have a split personality, but the unique backrest also brings something else to mind: rabbit ears. That comparison aside, the AlterEgo Chair boasts a highly geometric frame that does appear much more inspired by the future than by nature. As Yanko Design aptly puts it, "The resulting structure is clean and symmetrical with an aggressive edge."
Designed by Albert Puig, a young designer based in Barcelona, Spain, the AlterEgo Chair doesn't just focus on form. The triangular split backrest adapts to the lumbar area of the sitter in order to clear the spinal column, offering a greater feeling of freedom. The AlterEgo Chair is made out of beech wood, which makes it as light and sophisticated as it is strong and bold.
The AlterEgo Chair by Albert Puig Boasts a Skeletal Geometric Frame
1. Skeletal Seating - Design chairs with minimalist and skeletal frames for a futuristic look.
2. Ergonomic Chairs - Create chairs that adapt to the lumbar area of the sitter in order to clear the spinal column, offering a greater feeling of freedom.
3. Geometric Furniture - Design furniture that is highly geometric with clean and symmetrical structures that have an aggressive edge.
1. Furniture Design - Innovate in the field of furniture design by creating chairs that adapt to people with back problems offering more comfort and spinal column clearance.
2. Interior Design - Create minimalist and skeletal furniture that can give a futuristic and sophisticated look to interior design.
3. Woodworking Industry - Develop wood materials that are strong and lightweight for use in modern and futuristic furniture designs.