Alibaba and Coca-Cola have partnered to blend folk art with AR and mobile payments. This partnership will see a set of adorably cute AR Chinese New Year characters greet Alipay users through all purchases of Coca-Cola. China has been quick to adopt mobile payment apps, and Alipay is currently leading the pack. This partnership will see amazing growth in Alipay, as the Coca-Cola presented characters have been used in Chinese New Years marketing for quite some time now.
To see the AR characters, customers simply need to use Alipay to scan codes placed on Coke ads and packages . Once scanned the characters will appear in the real world, through the users phone. The cartoon characters will throw snowballs at one another, hug and then offer holiday wishes. On top of the dancing and hugs, these characters will also deliver users a red envelope. Once user open the red envelope they will receive a monetary sum ranging from .1 to 99 renminbi. The exact sum cannot be pre-determined and will always come as a surprise. This partnership between Alibaba and Coca-Cola allows for advertising for both companies and could see wider spread of Alipay.
Alibaba and Coca-cola are Bringing Cute Characters to Life with Alipay and AR
1. AR Chinese New Year Characters - This trend presents an opportunity for companies to create AR characters that interact with users and offer personalized experiences and rewards.
2. Mobile Payment Apps - The adoption of mobile payment apps like Alipay opens up possibilities for innovative partnerships between brands and platforms to enhance customer experiences and drive growth.
3. AR Advertising - The integration of AR technology in advertising creates an interactive and engaging way for brands to connect with consumers, fostering brand loyalty and increasing sales.
1. E-commerce - By leveraging AR technology and mobile payment apps, e-commerce companies can enhance the shopping experience, increase customer engagement, and gain a competitive edge in the market.
2. Beverage - The collaboration between Alibaba and Coca-Cola demonstrates how beverage companies can leverage AR and mobile payment apps to create immersive and interactive marketing campaigns that resonate with consumers.
3. Advertising - The use of AR in advertising opens up new avenues for creative and captivating campaigns, allowing advertisers to deliver unique experiences that capture audience attention and drive brand awareness.