A restaurant in Boston, MA called Salvatore's has created a delicious marriage of a classic meal: alcoholic pizza.
The Vignola Cherry Pizza comes with prosciutto, Gorgonzola and mozzarella cheese, orange blossom honey and most importantly, Italian cherries that have been soaked in raspberry vodka. The popularity of the alcoholic pizza created major buzz and Salvatore's responded by rolling out two more "adult-only" pizzas like “Drunken Pig,” which has braised pork marinated in Kahlua and “Calabria Peach,” which has rum-infused peaches.
Although not included in these wild bouquets of ingredients, alcohol lovers and overachieving foodies can top the pizza off at home with some vodka tomato sauce or come up with their own signature blend of booze infused goodness. In fact, there's no rule saying you can't replace every liquid ingredient with alcohol. Or is that going too far?
Salvatore's Spikes a Staple Meal, Creating a Fabulous Alcoholic Pizza
1. Alcoholic Pizza - The trend of combining alcohol with pizza creates a new dining experience.
2. Adult-only Pizzas - Restaurants can capitalize on the appeal of unique and unconventional pizza flavors infused with alcohol.
3. DIY Booze-infused Pizzas - There is an opportunity for home cooks and food enthusiasts to experiment with creating their own boozy pizza recipes.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can explore creating new offerings that incorporate alcohol into traditional dishes, such as pizza.
2. Hospitality - Restaurants and bars can attract customers by offering specialty alcoholic pizzas on their menus.
3. Cooking and Recipe Platforms - Online platforms and recipe websites can feature content and tutorials on how to make boozy pizzas at home.