Although it might not be discernible at the get-go, the Aki Lamp was inspired by a leafy canopy. The overall shape does resemble a large leaf while the inner lines can be likened to its veins. Beautiful in a bare-boned sort of way, the Aki Lamp is perfect for just about any space, in the home or at the office.
The Aki Lamp was designed by Studio Dreimann, a firm based in Hannover, Germany. Created for lighting manufacturer ITRE, it was specifically made with large-scale conference rooms in mind. The Aki Lamp is made to reside over a large table, and not the kind found in dining rooms. Lightweight and delicate-looking, it is CNC milled and has six small recesses for the LED strips. The Aki Lamp emits a bright, warm light.
The Aki Lamp by Studio Dreimann Was Inspired by a Leafy Canopy
1. Leafy-inspired Lighting - There is an opportunity to create more lighting fixtures that mimic the organic design of leaves.
2. Minimalist Design - The use of simple lines in design is becoming more popular, creating an opportunity to develop more minimalist lighting options like the Aki Lamp.
3. Large-scale Lighting Fixtures - There is a growing demand for lighting fixtures that can adequately illuminate large spaces like conference rooms.
1. Interior Design - Interior designers could use leaf-inspired lighting fixtures like the Aki Lamp as a unique and eye-catching centerpiece in a room.
2. Lighting Manufacturing - Lighting manufacturers could capitalize on the trend of minimalist design by creating more simple and sleek lighting fixtures like the Aki Lamp.
3. Corporate Offices - The demand for large-scale lighting fixtures for conference rooms provides an opportunity for lighting manufacturers to sell their products to corporate offices.