Earlier this year, graphic designer Matthew Walsh imagined mockups of a Nike and Dragonball Z collaboration -- now the designer is seeing his designs become a reality with Nike's latest Air Max 1 Goku sneakers. The shoes are designed to be a one-of-one custom piece as a collective shoe for Dragon Ball Z fans and sneakerheads. The shoe's design draws visual cues from the character's iconic bright orange outfit. His tattered orange pants translate through the distressed orange canvas seen on the uppers.
Additionally, blue and black accents adorn the Swoosh logo, the toe box, laces and sockliner -- this nods to the character's hair, belt and wristbands. The classic Mair Max bubble is finished in blue, has multicolored outsoles and Dragon Ball Z-motifs on the tongue and heel to tie it all together.
Nike's Air Max 1 Goku Shoes Boasts the Character's Colors
1. Anime-inspired Sneakers - The trend of collaborating with popular anime characters to create limited edition sneakers for anime fans presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
2. Custom Collectible Sneakers - The increasing demand for one-of-a-kind, personalized and limited edition sneakers among sneakerheads presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
3. Pop Culture Fashion Brands - The trend of fashion brands collaborating with popular culture franchises to create limited edition apparel and accessories presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the branding and marketing industry.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Customizable and unique, limited-edition designs for sneakers and apparel targeted towards anime fans and sneakerheads presents innovative opportunities for designers and retailers in the fashion industry.
2. Entertainment and Media - Collaboration between fashion brands and anime franchises presents opportunities for innovative marketing strategies and branding collaborations between companies in the entertainment and media industry.
3. Collectibles and Memorabilia - The demand for exclusive and collectible limited-edition anime-inspired sneakers presents opportunities for innovation in the collectibles and memorabilia industry by targeting pop-culture and anime enthusiasts.