Rather than being a place where you can walk in and purchase something off of a shelf, this 3D printing shop in downtown Copenhagen provides equipment for people to create their own goods from scratch.
The 3D Printhuset shop is about 3,000 square feet and features 3D printers from leading American, Asian and European manufacturers like 3D Systems, XYZ Printing and Artec. In an attempt to get the public excited about the possibilities of 3D printing, the shop will host classes and show off demonstrations of products that have been printed. Since 3D printers take up time, money and space to operate, this is a clever way to make this kind of technology available for the masses to try or use on a regular basis.
Copenhagen's 3D Printhuset Makes 3D Printing Accessible to All
1. Accessible 3D Printing - The trend of 3D printing shops that provide equipment for people to create their own goods from scratch is creating opportunities for disruptive innovation in the manufacturing and retail industries.
2. 3D Printing Workshops - The trend of 3D printing shops offering classes and demonstrations of printed products is creating opportunities for disruptive innovation in the education and event planning industries.
3. Multi-brand 3D Printing Shops - The trend of 3D printing shops featuring printers from leading American, Asian, and European manufacturers is creating opportunities for disruptive innovation in the tech and manufacturing industries.
1. Manufacturing - The accessible 3D printing trend is disrupting the manufacturing industry by giving individuals the ability to create their own goods, potentially changing the traditional supply chain process.
2. Retail - The accessible 3D printing trend is disrupting the retail industry by giving customers a unique opportunity to create and customize their own products, potentially decreasing the demand for pre-made goods.
3. Education - The trend of 3D printing workshops is disrupting the education industry by providing hands-on learning experiences for students in the field of technology and design.