Porsche is giving everyone with access to a 3D printer the chance to make a 3D-printed car — but it’s more the size of a Hot Wheels toy than a road-ready model. Nonetheless, this is an exciting way for car enthusiasts to get creative with the design of a Cayman S.
Porsche has provided a downloadable ZIP file of the Cayman S that can be 3D-printed on its site and is encouraging fans to share their creations online by hashtagging photos with “3DCayman.”
Porsche created an example of the small Cayman S being made and its design is crying out for a sleek coat of paint or a couple of crazy mods. If this is any indication of how full-sized cars will be created in the years to come, the future is looking bright for car lovers.
Porsche Has a 3D-Printed Car Version of the Cayman S for Download
1. 3D Printing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Advancements in 3D-printing technology can pave the way for customizable and affordable miniature luxury cars.
2. User-generated Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Allowing car enthusiasts to design and create their own miniature luxury cars creates a new market for personalized automotive collectibles.
3. Online Sharing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Encouraging online sharing of 3D-printed car designs can foster a community of car enthusiasts and inspire collaboration in the design and modification of future car models.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: The automotive industry can embrace 3D printing technology to offer customizable car models and tap into the market of personalized automotive collectibles.
2. 3D Printing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: The 3D printing industry can cater to the demand for miniature luxury cars, providing innovative materials and technologies to enhance the printing process.
3. Social Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Social media platforms can become hubs for car enthusiasts to share their 3D-printed car designs, fostering a community and generating new marketing opportunities for automotive brands.