The Nintendo 2DS XL is a popular portable gaming system, and the newest special edition of the device is sure to make it all the more popular. That's because the new special edition 2DS XL is based on one of Nintendo's biggest franchises: Pokemon.
The new system is designed to look like a pokeball, specifically. It has a red and white colorway with black finishing, just like the tools from the Pokemon show and games, and it comes with a dot in the middle as well. The system still retains the rectangular shape of the standard 2DS XL as opposed to coming as a sphere, but that shape is a necessity considering the hardware inside.
The special edition system comes ahead of the release of the Pokemon Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun video games.
Nintendo is Releasing a 2DS XL Designed to Look Like a Pokeball
1. Anime-inspired Gaming Systems - Opportunity to create special edition gaming systems based on popular anime franchises.
2. Special Edition Products - Creating limited edition products can greatly increase consumer interest and sales.
3. Gaming Accessories - Opportunities for companies to create and sell gaming accessories specifically for popular gaming franchises.
1. Gaming Industry - Developers can capitalize on the trend of anime-inspired gaming systems by creating games based on popular anime franchises.
2. Consumer Electronics Industry - Opportunities for companies to create and sell limited edition consumer electronics products like the special edition 2DS XL.
3. Retail Industry - Retail stores can benefit from stocking and promoting popular special edition gaming products such as the new Pokeball inspired 2DS XL.