The '184 Drone' from 'Ehang' represents the world's first autonomous taxi drone and it just made its official debut at CES 2016. While drones are certainly nothing new, this flying taxi represents a major breakthrough in drone technology.
The 184 Drone is an autonomous quadcopter that is large enough to carry a single passenger for up to 23 minutes at a time. Similar to other drones on the market, the device contains no controls, no joystick and no steering wheel. The drone itself handles all of the piloting and navigation, meaning the passenger inside simply sits back and enjoys the ride. With an average cruising speed of 62 mph, the drone provides a fast and convenient way for consumers to get from one location to the next.
Although the technology is still in its infancy, passenger-transporting drones could soon provide a unique alternative to traditional taxi services.
The '184 Drone' Made Its Debut at CES 2016
1. Autonomous Passenger Drones - The rise of autonomous passenger drones provides an exciting opportunity for the transportation industry to innovate and offer a new mode of transportation for consumers.
2. Drone Transportation Services - The emergence of drone transportation services creates a potential for the development of new drone-based businesses that cater to consumers' transportation needs.
3. Autonomous Vehicles Market - The development of autonomous vehicles has the potential to revolutionize the transportation industry and create new opportunities for businesses in the market.
1. Transportation Industry - The transportation industry can explore the use of drones as a safer, more efficient, and cost-effective mode of transportation for consumers.
2. Drone Industry - The development of autonomous passenger drones presents a disruptive opportunity for the drone industry to offer new drone-based services that cater to consumers' transportation needs.
3. Technology Industry - The innovation and development of autonomous passenger drones reflect an opportunity for the technology industry to create new cutting-edge technologies and services.