101 Cider House recently introduced a new, health-focused cider, contributing to the growing category that pairs alcoholic enjoyment with the wellness movement. The idea for a probiotic beverage came to Mark McTavish—CEO and founder of 101 Cider House—as he noticed that "people would drink cider at any time of day as a part of their lifestyle and culture, not as a vehicle for getting drunk." As a result, he sought out to revolutionize the cider recipe with respect to this.
Each collection of beverages that 101 Cider House launches is made in small batches that are aged for three months and enhanced with natural ingredients. “Instead of using just apples … we use things like spirulina and charcoal and cactus; pears and pineapples and basil,” says McTavish. “I thought: Wouldn’t it be beautiful if I could take all these different ingredients and ferment them the same way they do in Spain? And I’d be left with something that’s probiotic.”
Image Credit: 101 Cider House
101 Cider House Introduces a New, Small-Batch Probiotic Cider
1. Probiotic Beverages - The rise of health-focused probiotic ciders presents an opportunity for companies to explore the potential of probiotic beverages in the alcoholic beverage industry.
2. Natural Ingredients - The use of natural ingredients in small-batch ciders shows a trend towards consumers gravitating towards healthier and eco-friendly options in the beverage industry.
3. Wellness Movement - Consumers' increasing interest in health and wellness is leading the way for the creation and innovation of new, health-conscious products in the alcoholic beverage industry.
1. Alcoholic Beverage Industry - Companies in the alcoholic beverage industry can take advantage of the growing interest in health-conscious options by offering probiotic ciders and other natural ingredient-based drinks.
2. Probiotic Industry - The rise of probiotic beverages presents an opportunity for the probiotic industry to expand their product range and target the alcoholic beverage market.
3. Natural Products Industry - The emphasis on natural ingredients in health-focused probiotic ciders creates an opportunity for companies in the natural products industry to market their products to the alcoholic beverage industry.