Zizek is aimed at giving young producers and DJs who work with new ideas the chance to show what they're doing in the current music scene; where you are just one click away from everything, where technology has been significantly democratized, where ideas play the key role.
Zizek is a Club with ideas, a space where new artists have been working on ways to play different sounds that are part of modern, urban music. The idea is to give those styles an Argentine touch, with the aim of putting Buenos Aires on the map of the global music scene.
In just 2 months Zizek has created a whirlwind of buzz and energy. Producers have come out of the woodwork eager for a new space to showcase their talent and wares. Zizek has been put on the map, nominated for best party of 2006 and upgraded to one of the best clubs in town. Hip Hop, Reggaeton, Dancehall and Mashups have played a key role in getting the dancefloor as fun as any in BA. The surprise and star of Zizek however has been Cumbia, a Latin American sound that is being transformed by avant-garde musicians and producers from the USA all the way down to Argentina. Chances are you've never heard it, much less had it coming at you in force on a Wednesday night with the coolest people in town.
Zizek is about emerging Hip Hop, Dancehall, Cumbia, and Reggaeton sounds and their respective variations: Grime, Crunk, Bastard Pop and Mashups. Every night, Zizek plays host to live shows performed by local MCs, producers, musicians and DJs.
Been looking for the hottest spot in BA with the hottest new DJs and MCs? You´ve found it.
Every wednesday in Niceto Club , Niceto Vega 5510, Palermo, Buenos Aires.
Listen some sounds of the artists that took part of Zizek
Axel Krygier A complete musician. Juana Molina's friend
Villa Diamante mash ups The best cross over genres between latin american sounds and r&b
Fantasma He introduced M.I.A to an argentinean kid who pirated CDs and mixed cumbias ala Mix Master Mike.
Club Makes Room for New Latin American Sounds
1. Emerging Latin Urban Music - The emergence of new Latin American sounds in clubs such as Zizek creates opportunities for the music industry to tap into and market emerging genres.
2. Blend of Genres - The mashup of different genres including Latin American sounds and R&B opens up opportunities for music producers to venture into music hybrids.
3. Alternative Music Platforms - The establishment of alternative music platforms and spaces such as Zizek gives emerging artists the opportunity to showcase their talents and reach audiences otherwise unaware of their work, creating opportunities for technology companies that can offer live streaming services and music platform development.
1. Music - The growing emergence of alternative music in clubs such as Zizek creates opportunities for music production companies to tap into and market emerging genres.
2. Entertainment - Emerging music genres such as Latin American sounds and their variations are creating new sub-genres that can be integrated into the entertainment industry, opening up opportunities for new content creators and event marketers.
3. Technology - As alternative music platforms such as Zizek become more popular, technology companies can offer live streaming services and develop music platforms that can be used to support emerging artists in various genres.