The Yushan Li graduate collection was presented at the Central Saint Martins MA Fall/Winter 2015 showcase during London Fashion Week. The renowned fashion and design school has spawned countless talents and introduced some new faces to their roster this season.
Designer Yushan Li was one of them and showcased a collection of artistic and crafty pieces. Exploring conceptual fabric manipulations and textures, his range included statement pieces that blurred the lines between art and clothing. Distressed denims, hand-dyed cottons and layered felts were some of this collection's re-occurring textiles and were crafted to resemble childlike decoupage projects.
Though crafty in its inspiration, this menswear collection was surprisingly mature and sophisticated. The range also maintained a youthful flair and blended vivid aesthetics and comfortable silhouettes.
The Yushan Li Graduate Collection is Textural and Artistic
1. Textural Fashion - Opportunity for brands to explore unique fabric manipulations and artistic designs in their collections.
2. Art-inspired Clothing - Brands can offer unique garments that blur the lines between art and fashion, providing consumers with wearable art pieces.
3. Mature Youth Fashion - Opportunity for brands to create sophisticated garments that still incorporate playful elements for a youthful audience.
1. Fashion - Brands within the fashion industry can explore incorporating decoupage and other craft-inspired techniques to create unique pieces.
2. Textile - Exploring unconventional textile manipulations provides an opportunity to create eye-catching and innovative materials.
3. Art and Design - Collaborations between artists and fashion designers offer both industries a chance to create one-of-a-kind pieces that showcase creativity in all forms.