If you're an avid online video watcher, you'll probably recognize most of the pop culture references within the YouTube Rewind 2014. Put together on the YouTube Spotlight channel, it brings together some of the most popular songs, costumes, dance moves, stunts and personalities for a six-minute glimpse of a year in Internet videos.
Choreographed street dancing is carried out to 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams, 'Fancy' by Iggy Azalea and Frozen's 'Let It Go' by Idina Menzel. Clips of music videos and TV shows featuring everyone from Stephen Colbert to Katy Perry make appearances in the
YouTube Rewind 2014. Do you remember the incredible number of Ice Bucket Challenge videos that were uploaded onto personal accounts? Well even those got a visual mention in here.
YouTube Rewind 2014 Mashes Hot Music with Memorable Personalities
1. Pop-culture Mashups - The YouTube Rewind 2014 showcases the trend of combining popular songs, costumes, dance moves, and personalities into one video, opening opportunities for content creators to create their own unique mashups.
2. Viral Challenges - The inclusion of the Ice Bucket Challenge videos in YouTube Rewind 2014 highlights the trend of viral challenges, presenting an opportunity for brands or organizations to create their own viral challenge to raise awareness or promote a cause.
3. Year in Review Videos - YouTube Rewind 2014 serves as a compilation of the most popular moments and trends of the year, indicating the trend of creating year in review videos across various platforms, offering businesses a chance to reflect on their achievements and engage with their audience.
1. Content Creation - The YouTube Rewind 2014 trend of pop-culture mashups presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for content creators to create engaging, trending content that resonates with their audience and attracts more viewers.
2. Social Media - The viral challenge trend showcased in YouTube Rewind 2014 provides an opportunity for social media platforms to further engage their users by hosting and promoting viral challenges, increasing user participation and platform activity.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Year in review videos, as demonstrated by YouTube Rewind 2014, offer marketers a chance to reflect on their brand's achievements and create engaging content that summarizes the year, fostering brand loyalty and engagement.