The Yin Cup is a unique alternative to female sanitization products that will not only help to replace more traditional napkins and tampons, but also "break the menstrual myth in countries that have longstanding traditions of period shaming," writes the designer. Although it's a fictional brand, the Yin Cup does have a promising foundation to stand on.
Designed by Elsa Ophelia, the Yin Cup is a student project for the Visual Communications II at Pratt Institute. It was specifically inspired by Richard Branson's charitable organizations. When a woman buys one Yin Cup, another one is donated to a woman in need from a different country. Aside from this give-back program, the design of the Yin Cup is beneficial as well.
The Yin Cup is a Modern Alternative to Napkins and Tampons
1. Alternative Female Sanitation - The Yin Cup offers a unique alternative to traditional napkins and tampons, disrupting the female sanitation market.
2. Breaking Period Stigma - The Yin Cup aims to challenge and break the societal taboo around menstruation, opening up innovative opportunities to address period shaming.
3. Charitable Donation Models - The Yin Cup's buy-one-give-one program presents an innovative approach to incorporating charitable initiatives into product sales.
1. Female Sanitation Products - The Yin Cup offers disruption and innovation within the female sanitation products industry.
2. Social Impact - The Yin Cup's focus on breaking period stigma opens up opportunities for social impact initiatives and products in various industries.
3. E-commerce - The Yin Cup's unique donation model provides an innovative approach to e-commerce and online sales strategies, which can be applied to other industries.