In honor of Yellowstone Whiskey being reintroduced 105 years after its emergence into the consumer industry, David Cole Creative designed a tribute packaging. The packaging itself utilizes the original illustrations of Steven Nobel.
Each of the 6,000 limited edition whiskey bottles are labeled and then placed into a cylindrical canister, which is entirely wrapped in a black label to match the bottle.
The labels are created with a heavy emphasis on the brand’s name. The words "Yellowstone Whiskey" are written on an angle on the front of the bottle with large gilded letters. The gold lettering is consistent throughout the entire packaging, which is reflective of the golden-colored whiskey inside. The image of a vintage bar mirror that is sketched onto each label is reflective of the original bottle design. In addition, each bottle is numbered and signed by master Distiller Stephen Beam.
The Package Design for Yellowstone Whisky Honors Its Re-Introduction
1. Limited Edition Packaging - Opportunity for brands to create exclusive and collectible packaging to honor special occasions or reintroductions.
2. Emphasis on Brand Identity - Brands can focus on prominently displaying their name and using consistent branding elements to strengthen brand recognition.
3. Incorporation of Vintage Design - Utilizing vintage elements and imagery in packaging can give products a nostalgic and unique appeal.
1. Liquor and Spirits - Distilleries can leverage limited edition packaging and brand emphasis to create buzz and increase sales.
2. Packaging Design - Opportunity for design agencies to collaborate with brands to create visually appealing, memorable packaging experiences.
3. Collectibles and Memorabilia - Companies can tap into the market for limited edition merchandise, offering exclusive items for collectors and enthusiasts.