At this year's Comic-Con, Mattel announced that it will be launching a new line of WWE Superstars, including fashion dolls and action figures based on top female wrestlers from World Wrestling Entertainment.
The line includes 12-inch fashion dolls modeled after icons like Brie Bella, Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair and more. These dolls are accessorized with dresses, shoes and other items to express their personal style. Mattel's new WWE Superstars line also includes six-inch action figures, which include matching accessories for kids such as medallions, headbands and rings to match the wrestler dolls.
Across the toy industry, many new toys are being launched to inspire confidence, strength and empowerment in young girls, including everything from sporty action figures to posable superhero dolls—which are typically designed and marketed to young boys.
Mattel's WWE Superstars Introduces Toys Based on Top Female Wrestlers
1. Female Empowerment Toys - The trend of creating toys that inspire confidence and empowerment in young girls is growing, creating an opportunity for more female-driven toy lines like Mattel's WWE Superstars.
2. Fashion Dolls for Girls - Fashion dolls are becoming more inclusive and diverse, as seen in Mattel's new WWE Superstars line, and there is potential for even more innovation and disruption in this industry.
3. Sporty Action Figures for Girls - There is a rising demand for action figures that reflect girls' interest in sports, and there is an opportunity for toy companies to create more diverse and realistic athletic figures for girls.
1. Toy Industry - The toy industry has an opportunity to disrupt traditional gender norms by creating more female-centric toy lines that focus on empowerment, inclusivity, and diversity.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can collaborate with toy companies to create more realistic and inclusive doll clothes and accessories that reflect the diversity of young girls.
3. Sports Industry - The sports industry can partner with toy companies to create athletic action figures that inspire girls' interests and accurately reflect diverse female athletes.