This summer Wrigleys unveils a new gum simply called "5." It is the gum with longer-lasting flavor and will have "sensations you can feel as you chew". Sensations range from tingling, cooling and warming. Now, if they came up with a gum similar to Willy Wonka's "3 course dinner" -- you know, the one that turned Violet Beauregarde into a blueberry? Then I'd be super impressed.
Implications - The new 5 Gum will be released in three different flavors called Rain, Cobalt and Flare. Each one has a different flavor that matches the color of the gum stick. Green is spearmint, blue is peppermint and red is cinnamon. Wrigleys tested teens and adults alike, who all raved about the new gum.
Wrigleys To Launch '5'
1. Longer-lasting Flavor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop gum with flavor that lasts even longer than Wrigleys' '5'.
2. Sensations While Chewing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create gum that provides unique and enjoyable sensations as it is chewed.
3. Flavor-matching Colors - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design gum with flavors that correspond to different colors, attracting consumers with visual appeal.
1. Confectionery - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce innovative gum products that revolutionize the confectionery industry.
2. Flavor Enhancement - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore ways to enhance and intensify flavors in food and beverages using new technologies.
3. Health and Wellness - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop gum products that provide additional health benefits, such as oral care or stress relief.