Inspired by wood shingles, the furniture pieces found in the WOOD-OO collection have a haphazard appearance that is the result of using various planks and plywood to create them. While there is a manmade quality about each piece, the name of the line itself suggests a deeper, more mystical influence as well. According to the designers, the WOOD-OO collection was created "in collaboration with the forest spirits."
The WOOD-OO collection was created by kdomazidlibydli, a design studio based in Prague, which was founded by industrial designers Jan Vacek and Martin Smid. Witty and playful, the furniture line is comprised of tables, chairs, lamps, hooks and more. Although the material is raw and simple, each WOOD-OO piece is teeming with character.
The WOOD-OO Collection is Raw, Simple and Playful
1. Raw Furniture Design - Designing furniture that embraces raw and simple materials, giving pieces a haphazard or incomplete appearance.
2. Playful Furniture Design - Designing furniture that is witty and playful, using unique shapes and designs to add character.
3. Mystical Design Influences - Drawing design inspiration from mystical or spiritual influences for furniture and home decor pieces.
1. Furniture Design - Creating unique furniture pieces with raw materials and playful designs.
2. Home Decor - Introducing mystical or spiritual design influences into home decor items.
3. Interior Design - Incorporating raw, playful, and mystical design elements into interior design projects.