Designed in collaboration between researchers at Nottingham Trend University and Stoll GmBH, this winter balaclava is intended to provide a way to help stave off the effects of cold weather on the lungs.
Those that workout in cold weather know how important it is to take care to help alleviate the occurrence of problems that can arise from being exposed for too long. The balaclava is created using 3D-knitted technology that sees a heating area around the mouth and nose be implemented to help heat air before being breathed in. This could potentially help with reducing the instance of chest infections for athletes and keeping them healthy while they train in cold climates.
The winter balaclava is currently in the prototype phase with information about commercial availability not yet known.
This Winter Balaclava Heats the Air Before the Wearer Breathes it in
1. Heated Balaclavas - The use of 3D-knitted technology to create balaclavas with a heating area around the mouth and nose presents an opportunity for providing warmth and reducing chest infections in cold weather.
2. Cold Weather Workout Gear - The development of specialized gear like air-warming balaclavas can lead to innovative solutions that help athletes train and exercise comfortably in cold climates.
3. Health-optimizing Technology - The integration of heating elements into winter balaclavas demonstrates the potential for technology to enhance health and well-being in various settings.
1. Sports Equipment - The sports equipment industry can explore opportunities to develop and market innovative cold-weather gear like air-warming balaclavas to enhance athletes' performance and safety.
2. Textile Manufacturing - The textile manufacturing industry can leverage advanced techniques such as 3D knitting to produce functional and technologically enhanced products like heated balaclavas.
3. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can consider the application of air-warming technology in respiratory care to help prevent chest infections and improve lung health in cold weather conditions.