'Wide Society' is the name of a new environmentally focused brand from The Different Company that is offering a fresh perspective on high-end travel perfumes.
Throughout the fragrance brand's product line, plastic is used incredibly sparingly and can only be found on the pumps, which can be unscrewed for refilling. Otherwise, the brand favors recyclable materials like aluminum, cotton, glass and linen, as well as certified recycled materials such as cardboard.
For the mindful traveler who wants to reduce their footprint, Wide Society offers kits like the Weekender, which pairs six refillable 10-milliliter bottles with a metal funnel. Some of the scents offered by Wide Society include choices like Acqua Travelis, Up in the Air and Suite#6, which are also sold in larger bottles that may be left in one's bathroom and used to replenish the smaller, portable bottles.
Wide Society Takes an Eco Approach to High-End Travel Perfumes
1. Eco-friendly Packaging - The trend of using recyclable and refillable materials in packaging offers disruptive innovation opportunities for brands to reduce plastic waste and appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Sustainable Travel Accessories - The trend of offering eco-friendly travel kits, like Wide Society's Weekender, presents disruptive innovation opportunities for brands to cater to mindful travelers who want to reduce their footprint while still enjoying luxury products.
3. Refillable Products - The trend of refillable products, such as Wide Society's travel perfumes, offers disruptive innovation opportunities for brands to create sustainable and cost-effective options for consumers.
1. Fragrance - The fragrance industry can explore the use of eco-friendly packaging and refillable products to reduce plastic waste and meet the growing demand for sustainable luxury products.
2. Travel Accessories - The travel accessories industry can capitalize on the trend of sustainable travel kits by offering eco-friendly and refillable options to cater to environmentally conscious travelers.
3. Beauty and Personal Care - The beauty and personal care industry can leverage the trend of refillable products to provide sustainable alternatives for consumers, reducing packaging waste and promoting a more environmentally friendly approach.