The new Netgear SPH101 is a new Wi-Fi phone that uses Skype's VoIP software!
Implications - It's got a fairly simple open design that doesn't employ a QWERTY keypad, or a flip and slide feature. On the technical side, the phone is pretty much like having Skype in your pocket. Call others with a Skype account and it's free, but you get charged calling mobile or landline networks. Other features allows you to use the phone in any Wi-Fi-enabled space so that you'll always be connected to the web no matter where you go.
The Netgear SPH101 may not look as fancy as most cellular phones, but it has all the capabilities to handle the technological functions you may need.
Connect With Skype
1. Wi-fi Phone - The Netgear SPH101 showcases the disruptive innovation of wireless phone communication through Wi-Fi connectivity.
2. Voip Software - Skype's VoIP software on the Netgear SPH101 brings disruptive innovation to voice communication by allowing free calls within the Skype network.
3. Always-connected Devices - The Netgear SPH101 exemplifies the disruptive innovation of always-connected devices, enabling users to stay connected to the web in any Wi-Fi-enabled space.
1. Telecommunications - The telecommunications industry can seize the disruptive innovation opportunity of Wi-Fi phones like the Netgear SPH101 to offer enhanced communication services.
2. Internet Services - Internet service providers can capitalize on the disruptive innovation of VoIP software like Skype to expand their service offerings and attract more customers.
3. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can embrace the disruptive innovation of always-connected devices like the Netgear SPH101 to develop new products and improve user experiences.