NBA point guard Russell Westbrook has launched an eponymous eyewear label,'Westbrook Frames.'
The inaugural collection features everything from chunky square frames to classic aviator and wayfarer silhouettes. Bold colors are thrown into the mix for those who like to make a no-holds-barred statement with their frames. All in all, the collection is a brighter take on the conventional, conservative eyewear we're used to seeing. If you're bored of the typical styles, check out this delightful line.
This is not Westbrook's first foray into the fashion world; previously, the basketball star was featured on the cover of Vogue Italia. If this latest venture is any indication, Westbrook is primed to have a fruitful, long-lasting relationship with the industry.
Russell Westbrook Introduces His Westbrook Frames Collection
1. Bold Eyewear Collections - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for eyewear companies to create and promote bold eyewear collections that appeal to consumers who want to make a statement.
2. Celebrity-inspired Eyewear - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for eyewear companies to introduce celebrity-inspired eyewear lines that tap into their fans' desire to emulate their favorite stars' fashion choices.
3. Athlete Fashion Collaborations - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion companies to collaborate with athletes who have a strong interest in fashion, to launch clothing and accessory lines that resonate with consumers.
1. Eyewear Industry - The eyewear industry has the opportunity to capitalize on the trend of bold and colorful statement eyewear by introducing innovative collections with unconventional designs that appeal to a broad range of consumers.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry has an opportunity to leverage the influence of trendsetting athletes, like Russell Westbrook, by collaborating with them on fashion lines that appeal to both their fans and broader consumer audiences.
3. Athletic Industry - The athletic industry has the opportunity to promote athletes as fashion icons by partnering with them on projects that showcase their unique style and promote their personal brands beyond the realm of sports.