Increased interests in healthy plant-based eating has created tons of opportunity for vegan fruit jerky products to be reinvented as flavorful alternatives to meat. Watermelon Road is one company that's setting itself apart by producing a Watermelon Lemonade-flavored fruit jerky snack. Alongside this fun flavor, the brand also offers Smoky Bacon Eggplant and Pineapple Mojito varieties that are packaged in pouches for effortless on-the-go snacking.
Watermelon can now be found as the main ingredient in everything from luxury face creams to ultra-hydrating beverages. Although many products are made using just the melon's juicy pink flesh, there are plenty of other examples where the rind and seeds are also integrated for their benefits.
Like Watermelon Road, a number of companies are developing plant-based jerky products made with everything from bananas and coconuts to mushrooms.
Watermelon Road Makes Jerky from Eggplant, Pineapple and Melon
1. Plant-based Jerky Products - Increased demand for plant-based diets has created a trend for developing vegetarian-friendly jerky products, paving the way for new and innovative plant-based snacks.
2. Fruit Jerky Reinvention - Companies like Watermelon Road are reinventing traditional meat jerky by offering variety with eggplant, pineapple, melon and watermelon as main ingredients.
3. Rind and Seed Integration - Innovative uses of watermelon and other fruit rind and seeds are being explored to fully utilize the nutritional benefits of these previously unused parts in the creation of new products like luxury face creams and hydrating beverages.
1. Healthy Snacks - Companies can enter the healthy snack market by developing innovative plant-based jerky products that appeal to the rising popularity of vegetarian and vegan diets.
2. Fruit and Vegetable Processing - With the increasing demand for fruit and vegetable-based products, companies can explore new and innovative ways to process these traditional ingredients into snacks like fruit jerky.
3. Beauty and Cosmetics - By utilizing the benefits of previously unused parts of fruits and vegetables, companies can explore developing new luxury beauty and cosmetic products utilizing these ingredients.