Here’s hoping that watermelon Oreos become an official staple of summer. The latest special edition Oreo is designed specifically for summer and takes the flavor of one of the season’s most iconic foods: the watermelon. In addition to these fruity cookies, the company has already released ginger bread, candy corn and birthday cake Oreos.
The watermelon Oreos have a vanilla cookie and a green and magenta(ish) filling. They’re currently being sold at Target stores for $3 a pack. In addition to the watermelon cookies, Oreos is also releasing a rainbow sherbet version. Both cookies are likely going to only be available during summer as the company seems to keep its special editions strictly seasonal. That being said, it’s probably a good idea to buy several packs of watermelon Oreos before they’re pulled from shelves.
These Watermelon Oreos Aim to Become a New Summer Symbol
1. Special Edition Cookies - Opportunity for companies to create limited edition flavors of popular products to cater to seasonal demand.
2. Seasonal Food Flavors - Potential for food companies to experiment with unique and seasonal flavors to attract consumers during specific times of the year.
3. Novelty Dessert Items - Chance for businesses to create innovative dessert items that combine popular flavors with unique themes or designs.
1. Food and Beverage - Potential for food companies to capitalize on the trend of creating special edition flavors and seasonal food items.
2. Retail - Opportunity for retailers to stock and sell limited edition and seasonal food products to attract customers and drive sales.
3. Snack and Confectionery - Chance for snack and confectionery companies to introduce novel dessert items with unique flavors and designs to stand out in the market.