The Walkers MAX crisps range is being enhanced by the brand to help make it applicable for modern consumers whose taste and texture preferences are orienting towards stronger varieties. The chip range will now feature a new look for its packaging and will also boast the new MAX Double Crunch, which consists of crisps that have been cooked for a longer period of time to enhance their crunchy profile. The new variety will come in Bold BBQ Rib, Loaded Cheddar & Onion, XXL Chicken & Chorizo and Original Sea Salt flavors.
Walkers MAX Brand Manger at PepsiCo Katherine Cook spoke on the new Walkers MAX crisps range saying, "At present, the potato crisps segment is in growth, which can largely be attributed to innovation that is differentiated in terms of flavour or texture. Walkers MAX, the second biggest contributor to potato crisp value sales growth in the last two years, has spearheaded this trend by responding directly to the needs of younger generations who are looking for bolder flavours and more fulfilling snacks, particularly when hunger strikes.”
The Walkers MAX Crisps Range is Being Expanded and Enhanced
1. Enhanced Crisps Range - Opportunity for brands to enhance their chip ranges with stronger flavors and textures to meet the preferences of modern consumers.
2. Crunchy Innovation - Opportunity for crisps brands to create innovative products by prolonging the cooking time to enhance the crunchy profile of the chips.
3. Flavorful Packaging - Opportunity for brands to revamp their packaging to appeal to consumers looking for bolder flavors and more fulfilling snacks.
1. Snack Food - Snack food industry can capitalize on the growing demand for stronger flavors and textures in chips by expanding their product ranges and exploring innovative cooking techniques.
2. Food Packaging - Food packaging industry can cater to the needs of brands wanting to revamp their packaging to better communicate the bold flavors of their products.
3. Potato Crisps - Potato crisps industry can respond to the preferences of younger generations by offering a wider variety of bold flavors and textures in their chip ranges.