Nike SB worked in collaboration with Shanghai's skateboard retailer FLY on a new iteration of its iconic Janoski silhouette entitled 'Wake Up Go Skate.' The new version is adorned in this slogan as a reference to how the latest generation of skateboarders embodies a lazy culture. The slogan serves as a motivational push for the group to practice skateboarding more often. The shoe's design is complete in an all-white upper constructed from leather materials with bright orange accents in the form of the branded Swoosh along with the tongue patch and interior lining.
The colorway also represents the coffee cups at FLY's cafe as they have a clean white cup and bright orange lid. The shoe's heel counter sees a bench graphic to refer to the chairs that seat customers outside of the FLY store location. To round off the entire piece, there are insoles with Chinese characters that pronounce "FLY."
Nike Introduced the New Janoski 'Wake Up Go Skate' Shoes with FLY
1. Slogan-centric Footwear - Opportunity to create motivational and inspirational footwear designs that resonate with customers.
2. Collaboration-driven Products - Opportunity to collaborate with retailers on exclusive product lines that can attract niche audiences.
3. Cultural References in Design - Opportunity to use cultural references in product design and marketing to create a stronger connection with customers.
1. Skateboard Retail - Opportunity to collaborate with footwear brands on exclusive product lines that resonate with the skateboarding community.
2. Athletic Footwear - Opportunity to create inspirational and motivational footwear designs that resonate with customers seeking an active, healthy lifestyle.
3. Fashion Retail - Opportunity to use cultural references in product design and marketing to create a stronger connection with customers who value self-expression and identity.