Skate Like a Girl works in collaboration with Nike on a new iteration of the SB Dunk Low sneaker model that is designed from an inclusive angle. The brand has been fostering a community that is passionate about skating since 2000 and has been functioning as a nonprofit organization that aims to “promoting confidence, leadership, and social justice through skateboarding.”
The new sneaker model is designed with an upper that is done up in an off-white hue and then decorated with hints of maroon that overlays on top. It also comes with two lacing options that match either color. The lateral side of the sneaker spotlights the pleated Swoosh branding in a red-orange tone and the heel rounds out the sneaker with artwork of two arms linking.
Image Credit: Skate Like a Girl
Skate Like a Girl Launches its Own Nike SB Dunk Low Sneaker
1. Inclusive Sneaker Design - The collaboration between Skate Like a Girl and Nike on the SB Dunk Low sneaker model demonstrates an opportunity for inclusive sneaker design that incorporates social justice values.
2. Nonprofit Brand Collaborations - The partnership between Skate Like a Girl and Nike to create a charitable sneaker model suggests a trend towards more nonprofit brand collaborations in the fashion industry.
3. Community-driven Sneaker Brands - Skate Like a Girl's launch of their own sneaker model with the help of Nike presents a growing trend towards community-driven sneaker brands that prioritize empowerment and social impact.
1. Fashion - The release of the Skate Like a Girl x Nike SB Dunk Low sneaker model creates an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry, specifically around inclusive design and community collaboration.
2. Nonprofit - The collaboration between Skate Like a Girl and Nike on the charitable sneaker model highlights a potential trend of growth in the nonprofit industry as brands continue to prioritize social impact in their partnerships.
3. Skateboarding - Skate Like a Girl's release of their own sneaker model with Nike illustrates a growing trend within the skateboarding industry of brands and organizations prioritizing diversity, empowerment, and social justice initiatives.