Volkswagen is furthering its relationship with Apple through its VW Car-Net app by allowing iOS users the ability to unlock their cars and check various other metrics using Siri. While the app does require a subscription fee per month, the service does give VW owners the ability to estimate mileage with either fuel or charge, enable alarms remotely, pinpoint the location of their car, and of course lock and unlock it all through the use of Siri.
While the features of the VW Car-Net app may not be the most groundbreaking, they showcase the capabilities voice assistants can have and how they can be practically applied in the real world. These features also showcase how Apple's Siri shortcuts can be applied to interact with objects not branded by the tech giant.
The VW Car-Net App Lets Users Control Vehicles with Siri
1. Voice-controlled Car Features - The integration of voice assistants in cars is a growing trend disrupting the automotive industry and creating new opportunities for technology innovation.
2. Subscription-based Car Services - The rise of subscription-based car services is a trend that is disrupting the traditional car ownership model and creating opportunities for new and innovative business models.
3. Siri Shortcuts - The use of Siri shortcuts to interact with non-Apple devices is a trend that has the potential to disrupt various industries and create new opportunities for voice-controlled technology.
1. Automotive - The integration of voice assistants in cars is disrupting the automotive industry and creating opportunities for new features and services in car technology.
2. Technology - The rise of subscription-based car services and the use of Siri shortcuts in non-Apple devices is disrupting the technology industry and creating new opportunities for innovation in voice-controlled technology.
3. Retail - The rise of subscription-based car services is disrupting the traditional car ownership model, creating opportunities for retail brands to partner with car manufacturers to offer subscription-based car options as part of their offerings.