One look at the Voztec helmet and its easy to see why this product has taken six long-gestating years to be fully developed. The Voztec helmet seeks to revolutionize motorcycle and football helmets (amongst others) by adding a retractable rear section, allowing for easy access for medical officials trying to remove the helmet in the event of a serious head or neck injury.
The Voztec helmet also provides more protection for the jaw and temple areas of the head. This iteration of the Voztec helmet is the fifth prototype of the product.
No official release date has been announced, but the Voztec helmet is expected to be on sale sometime late in 2012.
Implications - One of the most important aspects of establishing a brand name is a company's ability to be the first in something. A company eager to create a long-lasting brand impact would be wise to invest heavily in product development. By showing an economic commitment to creating something new, the company shows that it is willing to buck convention in favor of avant-garde creativity.
The New Voztec Helmet May Revolutionize Tramuatic Head Injuries
1. Retractable Headgear - The Voztec helmet demonstrates that adding a retractable feature to sport headgear can improve safety and may be a trend to follow in the industry.
2. Enhanced Protection - The Voztec helmet shows that focusing on increased protection for vulnerable areas of the head, such as the jaw and temple, can be a trend for the sport headgear industry.
3. Multi-sport Headgear - The Voztec helmet is applicable not only to the motorcycle and football industries but could also be a potential trend for other sporting industries seeking safer headgear options.
1. Motorcycle Industry - The Voztec helmet presents an opportunity for the motorcycle industry to invest in improved safety features for headgear.
2. Football Industry - The Voztec helmet presents an opportunity for the football industry to invest in improved safety features for headgear.
3. Sports Industry - The Voztec helmet demonstrates a potential trend for the sports industry to invest in multi-sport headgear with retractable features and enhanced protection for vulnerable areas of the head.