The recently launched Volkswagen Golf GTI 'Time Machine' campaign is a fun and innovative campaign launched by the auto brand in celebration of the Golf GTI's 35th birthday.
The Volkswagen Golf GTI 'Time Machine' campaign begins with a perplexing video that shows a bunch of people gathered to see the company's newest car addition. Two of Volkswagen's Golf engineers get into the car, drive it and then somehow vanish into mid-air. But they haven't really vanished -- no, according to the campaign, the engineers and the car are just traveling through time. In fact, viewers can log onto Volkswagen's Facebook page to see videos of where (and when) the car has journeyed, such as Volkswagen's German headquarters in Wolfsburg in 1976.
Further, visitors of the brand's Facebook page also get a chance to win a "souvenir" from the past -- for instance a Polaroid OneStep 600 camera.
A Vanishing Auto in the Volkswagen Golf GTI 'Time Machine' Ad
1. Interactive Advertising - The Volkswagen Golf GTI 'Time Machine' campaign showcases an innovative and engaging interactive advertising experience that captivates viewers.
2. Time Travel-themed Marketing - The 'Time Machine' campaign demonstrates a trend of using time travel as a marketing concept to create excitement and intrigue around a brand or product.
3. Social Media Engagement - Volkswagen's Facebook page serves as a platform for consumers to interact with the 'Time Machine' campaign, reflecting the ongoing trend of leveraging social media for brand engagement.
1. Automotive - The Volkswagen 'Time Machine' campaign presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the automotive industry to explore creative and immersive marketing strategies.
2. Advertising - The interactive and intriguing nature of the Volkswagen Golf GTI 'Time Machine' campaign opens up avenues for disruptive innovation in advertising by pushing the boundaries of traditional approaches to engage audiences.
3. Social Media - The 'Time Machine' campaign exemplifies how brands can harness the power of social media platforms like Facebook to create unique and interactive experiences, presenting disruptive innovation possibilities in the social media industry.