'Voicemail Diaries' is a project by Jeff Lam that collects voicemail messages that are sent in to respond to a particular question.
The ongoing project asks questions like "Who are you most grateful for and why?" or "What advice would you give to your younger self?" There is a deadline that these questions must be answered by and after that time, they will be compiled into a podcast.
Since these questions are answered anonymously, Lam explains that this is a way to "let people be honest, and truly express their feelings." Despite being anonymous, the messages have a warmth to them when the questions are answered. This is an interesting way to collect messages for a way of communicating that may very well be obsolete in the future.
The Voicemail Diaries Collects Recorded Voicemail Messages
1. Anonymous Voicemail Responses - Opportunity for businesses to gather honest and authentic feedback by utilizing anonymous voicemail responses.
2. Crowdsourced Podcast Content - Opportunity to create engaging and diverse podcast content by crowdsourcing voicemail responses to thought-provoking questions.
3. Revitalizing Obsolete Communication Methods - Opportunity to modernize and repurpose voicemail as a platform for collecting and sharing personal stories and messages.
1. Market Research - Market research companies can leverage anonymous voicemail responses to gather valuable consumer insights in a more authentic and honest manner.
2. Podcast Production - Podcast production companies can utilize crowdsourced voicemail responses to create unique and engaging podcast episodes.
3. Communication Technology - Communication technology companies can explore opportunities to revitalize voicemail as a communication tool by integrating it with modern platforms and functionalities.