Professional fighting is big money. First it was boxing, then ultimate fighting--and now? Viral girl fights on YouTube.
You read correctly.
There's a direction towards teenage girls putting videos of themselves fighting on YouTube. My own search for 'girl fight' resulted in 277,000 video results. While experts claim part of this might be due to the desire to be famous on the internet, it seems to go deeper than just the need to get noticed.
Implications - This viral video phenomenon informs parents of the goings on in teenage girls' lives to ensure protection and prevention. These girl fights for the sake of Internet fame are not only unsafe, but also have undeniable consequences for the reputations of the girls involved. The more educated parents are about these unusual, yet frequent occurrences, the less likely they are to occur.
Teenage Female Battles Gain Momentum on the Internet
1. Teenage Girl Fights - Opportunity for self-defense training programs targeted at teenage girls to help them protect themselves and discourage participation in viral fights.
2. Internet Fame Seeking - Opportunity for social media platforms to develop algorithms and features that detect and remove videos promoting dangerous activities like girl fights, safeguarding the online community.
3. Parental Awareness - Opportunity for parenting apps or online resources to provide information and guidance to parents on recognizing and addressing this rising trend of girl fights on YouTube.
1. Sports & Fitness - Opportunity for sports facilities and trainers to offer self-defense classes specialized for teenage girls to empower them.
2. Social Media - Opportunity for social media platforms to introduce stricter content moderation policies to protect users from harmful and dangerous viral videos.
3. Parenting & Education - Opportunity for parenting websites or apps to provide resources and support for parents to better understand and address the influence of viral girl fights on their children.