'Battle of the Influencers' is a game designed by two German dads currently campaigning on Kickstarter to get funded. The game aims to make social media social again by bringing social media topics into an analog card game. The game follows the rules of classic trump cards, but special action cards spice it up even more.
In 32 playing cards, you can play influencers such as nuns influencers, dog influencers, and animal rights activists against TikTok dancers, business influencers, gamers, and more interesting characters and creators. The people are hand-drawn by female illustrator Piggysart, a micro-influencer with about 66,000 followers on TikTok.
The card game is designed to connect generations: children can show their (grand)parents what's trendy nowadays. It gets young and older people off of their phone screens and sparks a discussion about social media.
Proceeds from the game will support 'Return,' an association against media addiction.
Image Credit: Battle of the Influencers
'Battle of the Influencers' Makes Social Media Social Again
1. Analog Social Media Games - There is an opportunity to create engaging games that introduce social media topics in an analog format to promote socializing and reduce screen time among all age groups.
2. Influencer-based Games - Creating games based on influencers from different backgrounds and industries would appeal to younger generations and individuals that enjoy social media culture.
3. Awareness Games - Designing games that build awareness around important societal issues and causes would appeal to people of all ages and create social media campaigns that encourage positive change.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry has an opportunity to create engaging social media games to promote socializing and reduce screen time among all age groups.
2. Social Media - The social media industry can partner with game developers to create influencer-based games and promote social media culture.
3. Non-profit - Non-profit associations can create awareness games that build awareness around important societal issues and causes, and use the proceeds to support their causes.