A mechanical engineering student from Warsaw, Poland, wanted to demonstrate how modern technology can be incorporated into vintage clock designs. The prototype version of NixC connects two elements that are considered to be opposing—the old-fashioned quality of vintage tube displays and classic hand-carved woodwork—with the ever-developing sphere of modern technology.
Olek developed a second version of NixC that includes upgraded electronics and programmable functions like sleep mode and ambient light sensors. The clock design has been advanced to be phone-compatible and an app can be used to control the color, time, backlight effect and sleep mode. The product boasts vertical and horizontal vintage clock designs and is bound to add a rather romantic effect to any modern interior style.
Photo Credits: Kickstarter
NixC Tells the Time with a Beautiful Luminous Form
1. Modern Vintage Clock Designs - A trend of incorporating modern technology into vintage clock designs, bridging the gap between old-fashioned quality and modern technology.
2. Programmable Clock Designs - A trend of creating clock designs with programmable features such as sleep mode and colored backlight that can be controlled via an app.
3. Vintage-inspired Home Decor - A trend of integrating vintage-inspired pieces into modern home decor to create a romantic effect.
1. Home Decor - There is an opportunity for home decor companies to incorporate more vintage-inspired designs into their offerings to cater to the modern vintage aesthetic.
2. Consumer Electronics - There is an opening for consumer electronics companies to make more products like NixC that integrate classic design with modern technology.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers and home stagers can explore the use of vintage-inspired clocks to add a romantic touch to modern spaces.