Mixed reality, a subset of augmented reality that involves inserting 3D images into real-life video feeds, offers a huge amount of potential for diverse fields and industries, and Microsoft's 'View Mixed Reality' system promises to bring the tech into a noble one: education. The recently announced system has the potential to help students understand the lessons their learning in virtually any subject, adding a 3D, visual element to aid in contextualization.
At its Microsoft Education event in New York City, the company demonstrated View Mixed Reality for a history lesson. In the demonstration, the presenters ran a video feed of themselves on stage while talking about NASA's famous Curiosity rover. Using View Mixed Reality, they were able to place the machine into the video feed in 3D to illustrate its surprising size.
Microsoft's 'View Mixed Reality' Can Help Contextualize Lessons
1. Mixed Reality in Education - Integrating mixed reality technology in education can enhance student understanding by providing a visual and interactive learning experience.
2. Contextualized Lessons with Mixed Reality - Using mixed reality platforms like Microsoft's 'View Mixed Reality' enables teachers to contextualize lessons by placing 3D images into real-life video feeds.
3. Augmented Reality in Teaching - Augmented reality offers innovative opportunities to revolutionize teaching by adding immersive 3D visuals to enhance subject comprehension.
1. Education Technology - The education technology industry can leverage mixed reality platforms to develop interactive and engaging educational tools for students.
2. Software Development - Software developers can explore the creation of mixed reality platforms and applications that cater to the specific needs of the education sector.
3. Content Creation and Visualization - Companies specializing in content creation and visualization can capitalize on mixed reality technology to produce immersive educational content.