In order to grab hold of the attention of the young male population, Coke Zero has released a video game ad that tells guys hooked on gaming, "it's not your fault."
Sure you may have forgotten to pick up your girlfriend's parents from the airport because you were too busy playing a virtual game, but real life just doesn't compare to the thrill and excitement of video games. Blaming the programmers and graphic designers for their cunning entrapment tactics, Coke Zero imparts a message of freedom to enjoy life and indulge in your favorite games without the weight of a guilty conscience.
Similarly, men can apply the message from this video game ad to the Coke Zero beverage as it lets them enjoy delicious Coke without all of the calories and sugar.
The Coke Zero Video Game Ad Relieves Guys of Responsibility
1. Gamification Marketing - Marketers can leverage gamification to engage their young male audience and build brand loyalty while offering guilt-free enjoyment.
2. Responsibility-free Products - Consumers are seeking products that offer them a guilt-free way to enjoy their favorite activities without feeling responsible, opening opportunities to brands to innovate and create unique offerings.
3. Shift to Digital Entertainment - As people increasingly rely on digital entertainment to escape from reality, industries that offer virtual entertainment such as gaming and streaming services should seek new ways to appeal to their target audience through creativity and innovation.
1. Beverage Industry - Beverage companies could leverage the idea of guilt-free indulgence through products that offer the same taste and experience as traditional sugary drinks but without the calories and sugar.
2. Gaming Industry - The gaming industry could promote the idea of guilt-free entertainment and market their products to a wider audience by developing games that offer an escape from reality and don't make the player feel responsible for anything.
3. Food Industry - The food industry can create alternative versions of comfort foods that allow people to indulge in their guilty pleasures without jeopardizing their health, paving the way for healthier snacking options.