Who would have thought that a chair design can be utterly philosophical and deep? Designer Samwoong Lee draws his designs from social and personal philosophies and opinions. The totally unique and a bit scary looking Stick Chair is a bold addition to any household. Lee explains, the line that starts from a single point can be transferred into any shape or meaning. These express me, who is trying to enter into a new world by moving actively. The movements these countless points and lines create in a space, show an expression of a new meaning.
His Star Chair, expresses the formation of an object via interlocking components that depend upon and support eachother. The analogy is drawn from the way 'human & human' and 'human & nature' live by each other and feel their existence only through the existence of others. wow...
Stick & Star Chair
1. Philosophical Chair Designs - Exploring the intersection of philosophy and furniture design, there is an opportunity to create chairs that provoke deep thoughts and emotions.
2. Unique Chair Shapes - Embracing unconventional chair shapes and forms can offer a disruptive look to the traditional concept of seating.
3. Interlocking Component Design - Designing chairs with interlocking components can create visually striking and structurally innovative furniture pieces.
1. Furniture Design - Incorporating philosophical elements into furniture design can lead to unique and highly sought-after pieces in the home furnishing industry.
2. Interior Design - Utilizing unique chair shapes can provide interior designers with a distinctive element to create visually stunning spaces.
3. Product Manufacturing - Developing chairs with interlocking components opens up manufacturing opportunities for companies looking to disrupt the traditional furniture production process.