As the popular ridesharing platform launches Uber Money — a team that embraces "financial products and technologies [to] provide added value to the Uber community," the Uber Credit and Debit are sure to become more streamlined.
The responsibilities of the Uber Money team include the innovation and maintenance of credit and debit cards, digital wallets, and so on. The Uber Credit Card is definitely one of the more interesting products as it can give riders peace of mind, not to mention save frequent users some money. The activation is launched in partnership with Barclays. The service entails that whenever consumers spend money on Uber platforms -- this includes Uber Rides, Uber Eats, Uber Copter, as well as the renting of bikes and scooters, they will receive 5% back in Uber credit.
The Uber Credit Card Boasts an Enticing New Loyalty Feature
1. Rideshare-optimized Credit Cards - Uber offers a new credit card that provides rewards for using their rideshare platform and other services.
2. Fintech Loyalty Programs - The launch of Uber Money showcases the growing trend of fintech loyalty programs that use new technologies to reward frequent users.
3. Integrated Payment and Platform Services - The innovation and maintenance of credit and debit cards, digital wallets and other financial products by the Uber Money team signals a new phase of integrated payment and platform services.
1. Financial Services - Financial institutions have an opportunity to partner with ridesharing companies and create innovative financial products that cater to frequent rideshare users.
2. Technology - Technology companies can enter the fintech loyalty program space, offering new technologies and services to improve customer experience and rewards.
3. Transportation - The rideshare-optimized credit card trend highlights an opportunity for innovation in the transportation industry by integrating payment and platform services.