TS Apartment, a home in the popular Cascade neighborhood of Yerevan, Armenia, might ostensibly be seen as a strange and potentially even uncomfortable living space. Thanks to historic design decisions beyond the architect's (local firm snkh studio) control, the apartment's layout is the inverse of a normal home, with the bedroom and bathroom on the main floor and the living room and dining room on the upper floor. However, TS Apartment's design elegantly leans into this flipped arrangement, making it not only comfortable but attractive.
A clever design decision in making TS Apartment livable given the layout was in how snkh studio structured the main bedroom. The apartment's owner is a social person, and he wanted to be able to host gatherings, so the studio made the main floor bedroom adaptable to both sleeping and socializing.
Image Credit: Sona Manukyan & Ani Avagyan
TS Apartment Reverse the Standard Living Arrangement
1. Functionally Flipped Living Spaces - The trend of reversing traditional home layouts to create unique living spaces that offer comfort and functionality.
2. Adaptive Bedroom Designs - The trend of designing bedrooms that can easily transform into social spaces, allowing for hosting gatherings and events.
3. Architectural Innovation in Home Design - The trend of exploring unconventional architectural decisions to optimize space and create attractive living arrangements.
1. Real Estate - Real estate developers can leverage the trend of functionally flipped living spaces to offer unique and attractive homes to buyers.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can capitalize on the trend of adaptive bedroom designs by creating versatile and multifunctional spaces for clients.
3. Architecture - Architects can embrace the trend of architectural innovation in home design to offer cutting-edge solutions that optimize space and aesthetics.