This must be the latest in mobile architecture. Puma City is an 11,000-square-foot concept store and event space built within shipping containers, which lets them easily be transported from harbor to harbor across the world.
Puma City is a grandiose publicity stunt indeed, and is designed by Lot-Ek architecture. I have never heard of a sailing retail store of this caliber before.
24 shipping containers have been morphed to create the Puma City event space. To travel, Puma City must be dismantled and transported on a special cargo ship. Its travels are set to take Puma City directly through the 2008 Volvo Ocean Race, a year-long event that began in Alicante, Spain in October.
So if you live in a harbor city, look out for this bright and gigantic concept store to find the latest Puma trainers and sporty fashion gear.
Puma City Might Come to Your Town
1. Traveling Shipping Container Stores - Innovative use of shipping containers as mobile retail stores, enabling location flexibility and unique shopping experience.
2. Mobile Concept Stores - Trend towards mobile concept stores that can easily move from location to location and offer unique shopping experiences.
3. Sustainable Retail Architecture - Growing trend in sustainable architecture for retail spaces using repurposed materials such as shipping containers.
1. Retail - Opportunity for retailers to create unique and flexible mobile shopping experiences using shipping containers as a cost-effective and sustainable option.
2. Architecture and Design - Opportunity for architects and designers to create sustainable retail spaces using repurposed materials like shipping containers, providing a unique and cost-effective design solution.
3. Shipping and Logistics - Opportunity for shipping and logistics companies to specialize in transporting and assembling mobile retail spaces like Puma City across the world, offering a niche service in the growing trend of mobile concept stores.