Known as 'Travelex Pay' this new gift card service lets Chinese WeChat users shop for various products in the US. Announced as part of a new partnership with gift card startup Swych, this service will live within the WeChat app, which boasts 800 million users. Until the announcement of 'Travelex Pay,' the ability of WeChat users to connect with US sellers has been incredibly limited.
The new service is primarily targeting its Chinese user base first, as 3 million Chinese users visit the US each year. With the 'Travelex Pay' service users can buy gift cards on WeChat, using their WeChat Pay account, then use it to shop without having to exchange any foreign currencies.
Image Credit: REUTERS/Petar Kujundzic
'Travelex Pay' Lets Chinese Users Buy Gift Cards Through WeChat
1. Cross-border Gift Card Shopping - Travelex Pay's partnership with Swych opens opportunities for cross-border gift card shopping.
2. Wechat E-commerce - The integration of Travelex Pay into the WeChat app highlights WeChat's potential as an e-commerce platform.
3. Simplified Cross-border Transactions - Travelex Pay's service simplifies cross-border transactions by eliminating the need for foreign currency exchange.
1. Gift Card Industry - The partnership between Travelex Pay and Swych presents new opportunities in the gift card industry, especially for cross-border transactions.
2. E-commerce Industry - The integration of Travelex Pay into WeChat demonstrates the potential for innovative e-commerce solutions.
3. Currency Exchange Industry - Travelex Pay's service challenges traditional currency exchange methods and presents new opportunities for disruption in the industry.