Say goodbye to Disney California Adventure park's 'Tower of Terror' and say hello to 'Guardians of the Galaxy - Misson: BREAKOUT!' The iconic ride based on the 'Twilight Zone' takes adventurers up several floors on an elevator for some frightening scenes before they're dropped to the ground. Although the free-fall aspect is still apart of the new Marvel ride, the overall experience will be quite different. The Guardians of the Galaxy ride will take park patrons up on a gantry lift to follow one character, Rocket, as he works to free Guardians who have been captured by a nemesis. The ride will have new effects and will feature the soundtrack to the movie.
Though some patrons may not be open to the replacement, Disney has recognized that Gen-Z and Millennials did not grow up with the Twilight Zone. The Tower of Terror could be fun for them, but the new ride may prove to be a better experience by connecting them with a movie they recognize.
Disney's 'Tower of Terror' Will Be Replaced with 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
1. Amusement Park Transformations - As amusement parks recognize the importance of staying relevant, they will continue to revamp and update iconic rides to keep up with changing consumer preferences.
2. Movie Theme Park Attractions - As Hollywood continues to produce blockbuster hits, amusement parks will find new opportunities to create attractions that feature the latest popular movies.
3. Interactive Theme Park Rides - As advancements in ride technology continue, amusement parks will seek ways to provide guests with immersive, interactive and customizable experiences.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry will continue to see opportunities as movie studios and amusement parks partner up to create new attractions based on popular movies.
2. Tourism - As amusement parks continue to innovate and modernize their rides, they will draw in more tourists seeking new and exciting experiences.
3. Technology - As amusement parks seek new ways to captivate audiences, they will continue to invest in new technology to enhance the interactivity and immersive qualities of their rides.