Sportswear label adidas announced that it will be using 100% recycled polyester to create its footwear and apparel by 2024 -- the TOUR360 XT Parley sneaker is one of the first initiatives to the concept. The golf footwear silhouette is completely made from upcycled recycled plastic materials in collaboration with Parley for the Oceans, an environmental organization.
The materials used to construct the footwear are drawn from beaches and coastal areas, with the uppers made from upcycled yarn crafted from reworked plastic waste. This material turns into a high-performing polyester fabric and to honor the seaside theme, the colorway is complete in aqua green and blue with white and black contrasting details. Additionally, the sneakers are also complete with a 360WRAP at the midfoot for added support, BOOST cushioning for comfort, and an eight-spike outsole with the C-Traxion technology.
adidas' TOUR360 XT Parley Sneaker Boasts Eco-Friendly Elements
1. Upcycled Fashion - The sustainable fashion industry has an opportunity to disrupt the market with innovative materials and practices like using upcycled plastic.
2. Circular Economy - Businesses can find new ways to implement the circular economy model and reduce waste by using recycled materials.
3. Eco-friendly Footwear - Companies in the footwear industry can incorporate eco-friendly materials and practices, such as upcycled plastic, to create sustainable products.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can innovate its products and practices with the use of sustainable and upcycled materials.
2. Sportswear - The sportswear industry has the opportunity to create eco-friendly and sustainable products, such as the TOUR360 XT Parley sneaker made from upcycled plastic.
3. Environmental Organizations - Environmental organizations can partner with businesses to promote sustainable practices and innovative solutions, such as using upcycled plastic materials in product design.