What’s worse than eating on a toilet? Eating from a toilet!
Taiwanese restaurant chain, Marton, took a twist on this bizarre idea, and featured toilets as seats and urinal-shaped lamps on the tables. What’s even more lovely are the mini-toilet bowls for serving the food.
The best sellers from their menu include curry hot pot, curry chicken rice and chocolate ice cream.
The chain was a hit in Taiwan since its opening in 2004, which made the owner, Eric Wang, open more branches few months later.
Marton Restaurant Now a Chain
1. Toilet-themed Dining - Creating a unique dining experience by reimagining everyday objects as seats, fixtures, and serving bowls.
2. Novelty Restaurants - Incorporating unconventional themes and visuals to attract and retain customers.
3. Eating as Entertainment - Expanding the dining experience beyond food to include immersive and memorable elements.
1. Hospitality - Using novel concepts to differentiate and draw attention to food and beverage offerings.
2. Retail - Applying creative merchandising techniques to enhance the customer experience and generate buzz.
3. Event Planning - Designing themed events that immerse guests in a one-of-a-kind sensory experience.