Despite what alarmist sci-fi writers may have assumed about the nefariousness of robots, modern machines are especially poised to take care of the elderly, and Toco-Chan is willing to prove it.
Dr. Kabe and his student research team at Waseada University are hard at work developing robots whose sole vocation is comfort and companionship. It may sound strange, but Toco-Chan is capable of not only recognizing his elderly friends, but noticing the subtle facial cues that imply their mood, state of relaxation and overall happiness. Equipped with a voice cute enough to melt your heart, this robotic Panda can engage in lucid, comprehensive conversations with the senior citizens its been given to, and a chat with Toco-Chan is rarely, if ever one-sided. Let's just hope that grandpa doesn't wander into one of his directionless stories; even robots have their limits for boredom!
Toco-Chan is a Robotic Panda That Keeps Grandpa Company
1. Elderly Care Robots - Opportunity for developing robots that provide comfort and companionship to the elderly.
2. Emotion-recognizing Robots - Disruptive innovation potential in robots that can recognize facial cues and respond to the emotions of their users.
3. Conversational Robotics - Potential for creating robots that can engage in comprehensive conversations with senior citizens.
1. Healthcare - Opportunity for implementing robots in healthcare settings to assist in elderly care.
2. Technology - Disruptive innovation potential in the technology industry to develop emotion-recognizing robots.
3. Senior Living - Opportunity for senior living facilities to adopt conversational robotics for improved resident engagement and companionship.