E-retailer Wish recently launched a series of #TimeOnYourHands ads that feature soccer stars from Italy, the U.S, Chile and more. These athletes include stars like Chile's Claudio Bravo who are captured during their off-season time at home. Each ad centers around a humorous and unexpected hobby that is made possible with purchases from Wish's online marketplace.
For instance, Claudio Bravo's ad shows the soccer star drone flying at home in between naps and time spent with his family. This Wish ad series was created in-house in collaboration with London-based creative studio Archers Mark to "promote its low-cost products, giving soccer stars creative (bordering on ridiculous) pastimes to fill the void while they’re on the sidelines of their sport."
Wish Launches a Series of #TimeOnYourHands Ads Starring Athletes
1. Athlete-driven Advertising - Using professional athletes to promote products and showcase their personal interests and hobbies.
2. Creative Product Integration - Creating ads that showcase unique and unexpected ways to use products, like drone flying for soccer stars.
3. Humorous Marketing Campaigns - Developing ads that use humor and absurdity to capture consumer attention and promote brand engagement.
1. E-commerce - Online retailers like Wish can leverage athlete endorsements to drive sales and boost brand awareness.
2. Sports Marketing - Brands can collaborate with professional athletes to create unique advertising campaigns that resonate with sports fans.
3. Creative Advertising - Creative studios and agencies can partner with brands to develop innovative and humorous marketing campaigns that differentiate them from competitors.