Expedia is using the #ThrowMeBack hashtag to encourage Instagram users to share their favorite summer memories in the form of a throwback photo, so that it can help recreate the experience.
It's been fairly popular for people to recreate their #TBT childhood photos as an adult with an updated version in more or less the same style, but this campaign aims at getting really authentic with recreating a Throwback Thursday moment, since one lucky winner will get a travel voucher to head back to that childhood beach, cottage or other place where fond memories were made. The campaign will run throughout the summer until the end of August, with one Instagram winner rewarded each week for tagging their #TBT photos with @Expedia and the #ThrowMeBack tag.
Expedia's 'Throw Me Back' Recreates #TBT Photos from Summers Past
1. Nostalgic Travel - The trend of using nostalgia to create travel experiences that recreate fond memories from the past.
2. Social Media Campaigns - The trend of utilizing social media platforms, such as Instagram, to engage with consumers and encourage user-generated content.
3. Throwback Thursday - The trend of sharing past memories on social media, specifically on Thursdays, through the use of throwback photos.
1. Travel and Tourism - The travel industry can capitalize on the trend of nostalgic travel by offering packages and experiences that help recreate customers' favorite childhood memories.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can leverage the trend of social media campaigns by creating and implementing innovative strategies to engage with consumers and promote brands.
3. Social Media Platforms - Social media platforms, like Instagram, can benefit from the trend of Throwback Thursday by providing features that make it easier for users to share and interact with nostalgic content.